Saturday, March 28, 2009

night out + some others

I decided to go out this week so I went with some exchange kids to Wan Chai and Lan Kwai Fong Thursday night. At Wan Chai we watched a small live cover band at Spindlers who played some really rock great classics. Like stuff by "led zeppelin," "Metalica," "nirvana," "the killers," "the proclaimers" and so on. Then we migrated our 30+ group of exchangers to Lan Kwai Fong and met up with more exchangers. Hung out at "club" 7-11 for an hour or 2 socializing and then headed to Volar. Volar was awesome. It was a members only club underground with little white merry-go-round horses inside and an amzing trance/techno DJ. Throughout the night, people came and went, but these were the last people left before the club finally kicked us out.. around 4 ish.

Can you find me?

Yesterday I went around Causeway Bay with a kid from my Knitwear class. He showed me around the area, took me to eat delicious local foods and we both searched for inspiration for our design projects. The following is a compilation of where i went and what i saw.

Game room.
In this game you exchange $ for tokens and toss them onto the table. If your coin lands on a certain color, u get a certain prize. It was actually quite difficult b/c you had to land only on that color and if your coin was touching the line that separated the colors it didn't count. with 20HKD (~3 USD) we won 3 pens.
Some of the cutest baby sesame street toys in one of those claw machines.
Break dancing in Times Square
:) fish with a mustache in the GOD store. I also learned what "Delay No More," which is written on a lot of their products, really means. (it's a swear phrase in cantonese)
Great shirt I found in GOD store.
Amazing Satay place with the most tender chicken I've ever had. I was told the rice was cooked in the chicken broth so it had this extra yummy taste/texture to it.

2 comments: