Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Did i forget to mention my dearly missed friends sent me a huge package from the states?!? I took pictures.. but I can't seem to find any of them except for this one. This is where you guys hang on my wall btw. :) I love you and miss you all.
This is dim sum from lunch two weeks ago with Jenny and our parents' friends.

While I wait for better pictures from Singapore.. here's some that I took at the famous Singapore Orchid Gardens





Gift shop goodies

While looking for a place to eat in Singapore.. we came across this sign outside a retail store.. it says "Gents Clothes: Big Sizes Available: Your Fashion Solution to XXXXL Size Clothing"
We also went to a midnight safari, which I would recommend to anyone traveling to Singapore. It was a bit pricey. .but worth it. I mean.. i got to stand in a cage full of bats! Unfortunately one of them peed on me.
Two nights ago I had Dai Pai Dong.. the next day I had an upset stomach, but overall good cultural experience and good food. The student affairs office (SAO) for exchange planned us a Dai Pai Dong night and gave the following description
"Dai Pai Dong is special culture in HK and it usually serves inexpensive dishes with foldable chairs and tables. The environment is normally not comfortable. As a place to socialize, the people are free to talk loudly in the dai pai dongs. People go to Dai Pai Dong do not ask for good customer service. "
I wasn't able to go b/c it was during the time I was in Singapore. However, some local girls in my Global Fashion Marketing group just happened to invite me out to eat Dai Pai Dong this past Monday. They're so sweet and I'm happy I met them!

From left to right, top to bottom *fish balls *kong xing tsai (I don't know what its called in English) *broccoli + cheese + noodles *beef + noodles *pork + pineapple in sweet mayo *chicken

2 comments:

  1. 1. Your dorm looks cool
    2. I'm impressed you stood in a cage of bats
    3. You look funny surrounded by those asians

    ReplyDelete
  2. imagine if it was a cage of ladybugs, would you have stood in that cage? all of your food makes me drool everytime i look at it...

    ReplyDelete