Sunday, May 10, 2009

on lan street, hk

On Lan street in HK is lined with highend designer boutiques
I have been planning to go see them for a while now.. I finally went yesterday.
I was able to go through just about every store i had on my list plus some others:
martin margiela
comme de garcons
dsquared
mihara yasuhiro
neighborhood
billionaire boys club
anne demulmeester

you arent allowed to take pictures inside the shops, on top of that i was running out of memory and the battery on my camera was dying.. so the pictures i was able to get arent the greatest but.. here they are :)

Christian Louboutin


mihara yasuhiro


billionaire boys club - icecream shop




martin margiela



Comme De Garcons top floor
this picture was tricky to get.. the shop lady kept following us..



each shop was so different and creative.. i loved it.
it was also a great feeling to touch and see such amazingly designed and ridiculously expensive clothing. Like.. 90USD for a printed t-shirt and over 1000USD for anything else.

I would say my favorite clothes were from anne demulmeester and my favorite shop design was.. martin margiela

I also visited the joyce store on queens road where they were having Jun Takahashi’s Undercover GRACE photo exhibition. The security guy was standing right infront and wouldnt let us take pictures.. even from outside.. :( It was cool tho. it was like.. furry little animals with weird light bulbs as eyes..

2 comments:

  1. I am so jealous!! Also, I could've guessed you'd love Ann Demeulemeester =)

    Maison Martin Margiela is starting a furniture line so you can live like the store! Is the store a lot of white and clean too??

    ReplyDelete
  2. nah the margiela store was all silver on the 2nd floor. and had this 1 1/2 foot stack of a blue/off white asiany rug on the first floor. aand there were markings on the wall where u could measure how tall you are compared to margiela, kylie monogue?, marc jacobs, and some other famous people i cant remember.

    ReplyDelete