I meant to post this earlier but anyways, here's some photos of the design lab/classrooms at HKPU. It's like a large studio sectioned off by glass walls for classrooms, machines, and displays.
Here's something random. A Pizza Hut! I don't know if you can tell from this picture, but the Pizza Huts here are all really fancy, like fine dining. Eventually I think I'll go eat there to compare the food and prices to our Pizza Hut back at home.
On Saturday I went on a City Tour with a bunch of other exchange students. Our first stop was the Golden Bauhinia Square.
Next we went to the Peak and got a skyline view of the city.
These are some girls I met who are also on the exchange program at PolyU. The girl on the left is from France and the two in the middle are from Holland.
There was an icecream truck so we all got some delicious soft serve icecream :)
We also went to the Stanley Market and Repulse Bay. I was told the bay name came from an old British boat. This area was crowded with tourists and westerners.
After the tour, Brigette and I went to Central/ Lan Kwai Fong where many westerners go to drink, party, and go clubbing. I was told and witnessed that many foreigners will buy beer at the 7eleven and drink on the streets before going to the bars/clubs in order to save money otherwise spent on expensive beverages in the bars. Here's one road leading to Lan Kwai Fong.
Eventually we got hungry and decided to try out some Hong Kong Mc Donalds. In general the menu is pretty much the same.. except they have curly fries!.. and cute little decorative cartoons on their packaging. Also, it wasn't any healther.. just like at home I still felt sick after I ate it.
What is a city without some protesters? Here's some foreigners protesting for "peace in the middle east." I couldn't get a picture but after they were kicked off the premises by the local HK police, there were some drag queens making a bit of scene in this same spot.
On Sunday Brigette and I decided to go to Hong Kong island to see the Vivienne Westwood "a Life in Fashion" exhibition!
a suit made of rubber!
Booties..?
Then we went shopping.. :)
And in this mall we found a ridiculous store completely made up of little japanese toy machines.
Here's some of the toys you could get. Brigette and I spent a long time deciding which machine we wanted to waste our coins on.
So today after class there was a boys and girls acapella group singing in the middle of campus. (they have acapella groups too!.. and they weren't too bad either)
Sweet pics
ReplyDeletewhoa i have some of those EXACT SAME pictures! i also went to the EXACT SAME mcdonalds late nite! okay i'm gonna stop typing the EXACT SAME thing. lets make plans to meet up sometime next week.
ReplyDelete